As always, be assured that enhanced precautionary measures are in place across our attractions, retail, F&B and service outlets for your health and safety. Don't forget to observe good hygiene measures during your time at Changi. Stay safe!
All set for the holiday that you’ve been eagerly looking forward to for more than two years? Thankfully, with the streamlined Vaccinated Travel Framework for fully vaccinated travellers, travelling during the pandemic is now much easier. But with the upcoming June peak travel season, there may be queues at the airport. So here are some tips to help you breeze through the departure process like a pro.
1. Prep these before getting to the airport
So you’re all packed and have gotten your Covid-19 documents in place, but even before stepping foot into the airport, here are some things you might want to double check on. Go through our checklist here to ensure a smooth check-in!
- Do you need printed copies of your Covid-19 or travel documents? If you didn’t manage to get them printed before you left home, you can head to the Changi Recommends counters at the Departure Hall of both Terminals 1 and 3 to get them printed for a small fee.
- Do you have ways to stay connected during your holiday? There are different mobile data options depending on your needs and the group size you’re travelling with. If you’ve already reserved a ChangiWifi router, remember to pick it up before you check-in, or conveniently purchase a SIM card at any Changi Recommends counters.
- Do you have enough foreign currency? If you’re tired of comparing exchange rates and have left this to the last minute, check out Changi Travel Exchange. Simply book your currency online, make your payment via Pay Now and collect them at the Changi Recommends counters at Changi Airport before you fly. You can book your foreign currency as close as one working day before your desired collection date.
- Have you downloaded the mobile apps required in your holiday destination? If you’re travelling to Malaysia, Thailand or India, ensure that you have downloaded and registered on the relevant mobile apps – MySejahtera (Malaysia), Thailand Pass (Thailand), Air Suvidha (India).
- Need to stock up on masks, hand sanitisers or other travel essentials? Shop conveniently online at iShopChangi up to 12 hours before your flight and opt to pick up your items at the airport prior to boarding!
2. Check in early and avoid queues
If you didn’t know, there are a range of check-in options available at Changi Airport to help save time!
For travellers who prefer to have more flexibility, you can use the Fast and Seamless Travel (FAST) check-in zones at T1 and T3. Those flying with Singapore Airlines will be able to check in up to 24 hours before their flight, while those travelling on other airlines can check in from 2.5 to three hours ahead of their flight time. Check in at your convenience using the Automated Check-in Kiosks and Automated Bag Drop machines, and have more time to explore the transit areas at Changi Airport.
The Early Check-in (ECI) facility at Jewel Changi Airport has reopened, and you can check in up to three hours prior to your flight. (Do check with your airline if you are able to check in there.) If you haven’t visited Jewel for some time, why not check in early and have some pre-holiday fun at Jewel’s attractions before you board? If you have a long flight ahead, there are cafes, salons and lounge at Jewel for some chill time before boarding!
Singapore Airlines travellers also have the option do early check-in from 48 hours in advance via their website or mobile app. Those flying to destinations like Australia, Germany and Vietnam will be able to verify their pre-departure test and/or vaccination certificates when they check in online or on the mobile app, and issued with a mobile boarding pass. Check if your flight or destination is eligible for online or mobile check-in here.
3. Flash your mobile boarding pass or Jewel ECI stamp to enjoy offers
With your mobile boarding pass or Jewel ECI stamp, you’ll get to enjoy a range of discounts at retail, services and F&B stores at Changi Airport.
Take a breather at the Changi Lounge with 10% off their 2-hour lounge access package (S$15). With high-speed internet and ample charging points, you can Netflix and chill with a cuppa. If you’re travelling with kids, tire them out at the Changi Experience Studio with 20% off standard rates. All the interactive games and exhibits will definitely expend their energy and they will be sleeping like a baby on the flight!
There are also F&B discounts you can make use of if you’re looking to have a satisfying meal before your flight – the second diner can enjoy 50% off at T1 TGM Japanese and Korean Cuisine, or snag a free drink at T3 COLLIN’S with any purchase of a main course. Click here for the full list of offers.
4. Shop, dine and explore the facilities in transit before your flight
What’s travelling without some duty-free shopping? You’ll be glad to know that 8 in 10 shops at Changi Airport’s transit area are currently open. But some of their operating hours may have changed, so check our shopping and dining directory for the latest information. Or shop online on iShopChangi and conveniently pick up your purchases at the airport.
Facilities and gardens are also open, so you’ll have plenty to do before your flight! Visit the Butterfly Garden at T3 and immerse yourself in the tropical butterfly habitat, or check out the Cactus Garden at T1 for some fresh air and a view of the runway. If you have more time to kill, the rooftop swimming pool at the T1 Aerotel Airport Transit Hotel will be a great spot for a quick sun tan, or visit any of our pay-per-use lounges for a relaxing foot reflexology or massage.
Finally, don’t forget to download the iChangi mobile app for up-to-date flight information, to check the location of your departure gate and help you navigate your way around Changi Airport!
For more updates on Changi Airport, follow on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Telegram and YouTube. You can also sign up for a Changi Account and have the latest news and articles delivered right into your inbox.