Make your partner the 'centaur' of attention with a Greek romance. From the majestic archaeological triumphs of Athens and its surroundings, to the sandy beaches and sun-drenched bliss of the islands, there's hardly any heart in the world that wouldn't be melted by Greece. If you're thinking of island-hopping, pencil these romantic highlights into your plans.
Naxos: Find love on the greenest island in the Cyclades
Whether you are on your honeymoon, or just looking to relax, hop over to Naxos and soak in her incredible natural beauty.
• Lounge on the beaches: There are 100km of white beaches on Naxos. Agios Prokopios is the most famous and one of the best in Europe. If you're into water-sports, Amitis, Parthena and Mikri Vigla offer windsurfing and kitesurfing with a stunning view.
• Get cosy in Kastro: Dionysus – the Greek God of wine – would probably have popped the question to his lover over a glass of wine in Kastro. Gaze into each other's eyes over Greek meatballs, bruschetta and cheese pie at Kastro Oia. It's extra romantic at sunset.
• Have some wine time: Hold hands across the candlelit tables of some of Greece's best and most romantic restaurants. For divine seafood in a cosy setting on a terrace, try Oasis.
Fly to Santorini or Mykonos, then take the ferry across. Alternatively, ferries run regularly from the Athens port of Piraeus to Naxos and take about six hours. The Hellas high-speed catamarans take approximately four hours.
Mykonos: Dance all night and sleep all day
For those who like to party until the sun comes up, Mykonos is the place to be.
• Learn why life's a beach: Join the party day and night on Paradise Beach and Super Paradise Beach. If you're still recovering from the night before, head to the quieter Psarou Beach.
• Beat the hangover in Mykonos town: Start with sunset cocktails at Caprice, then dance it off at Argo Bar. Fend off any lurking hangovers the next day with breakfast at Rhapsody Bar, overlooking the sea.
• Go with the wind: There's a row of 16th-century windmills that sit on a hill above Mykonos town, so take some romantic selfies while here. Planning a wedding? The famous church at Panagia Paraportiani might conjure some ideas.
You can fly to Mykonos from Athens, or take the ferry from the port of Piraeus. The trip takes two hours on the fast boats, and four hours on the regular boats.
Corfu: From tranquil vineyards to Venetian ruins
Prospero's island in Shakespeare’s The Tempest is inspired by the beautiful Corfu and it's not hard to see why!
• Go hiking in Kassiopi: Take a long walk in the hills dotted with olive groves. Explore the remains of a Byzantine castle perched on the hillside. If you're up early, head to the harbour to see the fishermen at work.
• Feel young in Old Perithia: Corfu's oldest village in the northeast is remote and mostly deserted – the perfect place to retreat with your love in the foothills of Mount Pantokrator.
• Visit an old monastery vineyard: Wine lovers can enjoy tastings of traditional Aegean-sea grape varieties at the Mykonos Vioma Organic Farm. Guests can also join a guided bike tour organised by the property to explore areas only locals know.
There are regular flights from Athens to Corfu on Olympic or Aegean. The trip takes an hour or less.
Rhodes: From romantic castles to speeding motorbikes
The name Rhodes comes from rhodon, a Greek romantic flower. With history so rich, Rhodes' entire city centre was declared a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1988.
• Cuddle at castles and palaces: Check out the castle of Kritinia, a 16th-century Venetian fort that beckons you take a few photos in its vicinity. Then head to the Palace of Grand Master of Knights and explore the antiques, Hellenistic and Roman mosaic floors and old city maps.
• Get medieval: Explore the magical Old Town built by the Knights of Saint John. Get some romantic sunset pictures at the Acropolis of Rhodes, built amphitheatrically and spanning three levels.
• Get on your bike: Feel the wind in your hair with a ride around the island. Explore the hidden beaches, or the 4,000-year-old Acropolis of Lindos, which dates from the Hellenistic period.
Ferries can take anywhere from 13 to 17 hours from Athens, so flying directly to Rhodes is recommended. There are several flights per day to choose from.
Alonnisos: Eco-friendly hidden secrets and pebble beaches
This island has become popular in recent years with travellers looking for a ‘greener’ Greek getaway. Couples can get back to nature at the eco-resorts on Alonnisos.
• Play with the monk seals: Join them in your swim as you snorkel in the pristine clear waters. Alonnisos is one big marine park, so strap on your matching fins and dive in!
• Get lost: Get some exercise and excellent photos as you trek the island's many old footpaths. A day out could find you at a secluded beach, standing on a hilltop overlooking the sea or inside a cute chapel. Even if you get lost, you'll still be in paradise.
A day out could find you at a secluded beach, standing on a hilltop overlooking the sea or inside a cute chapel
• Lunch at a seaside tavern: A meal for two by the sea sets the mood for great conversations. In the evenings, sip some wine in a lounge bar under the stars, or for creative Greek cuisine head to Ostria at the port.
Fly to Skiathos or Athens and get the boat across. From Athens, travel time by Flying Dolphin is just over 2.5 hours. The catamaran takes four hours, and the ferry takes approximately five to six hours.
Wherever you go in Greece, your love is bound to shine brighter after some time together under the Mediterranean sun.
Enjoy special promotional fare with Scoot!
Scoot now flies direct to Athens from Singapore. To celebrate this new service, enjoy special promotional fare of SGD 268 (one-way fare including taxes) when you book between 20 June 2017 - 30 June 2017 for travel between 16 July 2017 - 24 March 2018. All terms and conditions are available on www.flyscoot.com.
Shop before you fly!
Be rewarded when you shop at Changi!
Leap into a world of exclusive privileges as a Changi Rewards member. Enjoy GST-absorption for your purchases at participating outlets in the public areas of the airport and more. Sign up for the FREE membership here.
WiFi routers, travel insurance, attraction tickets and more!
Specially curated to meet your travelling needs, Changi Recommends offers an extensive range of travel necessities such as WiFi routers, travel insurance and more to help you get ready for your holiday. Shop now at Changi Recommends!
Best time to travel
The best time to visit is during spring (April and June) or autumn (September and October) when weather is sunny and less crowded. The high season in summer will see more tourists and prices at its peak.
Euro. Banks and money changers can be found easily.