Most of us understand what’s off-limits when it comes to bringing items on a plane as carry-on baggage. After all, knives, lighters and non-duty-free alcohol are no-brainers. But what about candles and tweezers? Or Singapore’s favourite fruit: durian? While you might think they’re not allowed, these items actually have few or no restrictions when flying. Here are some more that may surprise you!
Other items to take note of:
· Durian and durian puffs (check with your airline though)
· Mini alcohol bottle (if 100ml or less)
· Safety matches
· Sex toys (except handcuffs)
· Tweezers (non-sharp tips)
· Battery packs
· Skate Scooters (check with your airline)
· Canned food with sauce > 100ml
· Bottled/canned drinks > 100ml
· Liquor/perfume bought duty free and not in STEB (security tamper-evident bag) or personal perfume > 100ml
· Key chains in the shape of weapons
· Pepper spray
· Human/animal ashes
· Peanut butter/kaya
· Cheese spreads
· Ice packs
· Fishing rods and tackle
· Hockey sticks or baseball/softball bats
· Nail clippers
· Pen knives
· Swiss army knives
· Handyman tools (screwdrivers, scissors)
Shop before you fly!
Be rewarded when you shop at Changi!
Leap into a world of exclusive privileges as a Changi Rewards member. Enjoy GST-absorption for your purchases at participating outlets in the public areas of the airport and more. Sign up for the FREE membership here.
WiFi routers, travel insurance, attraction tickets and more!
Specially curated to meet your travelling needs, Changi Recommends offers an extensive range of travel necessities such as WiFi routers, travel insurance and more to help you get ready for your holiday. Shop now at Changi Recommends!